rss
email
twitter
facebook

Friday, August 14, 2009

Daily S&P500 Market Commentary - August 14, 2009

I'm seeing signs of a weakening trend on the S&P500 before the open today. The S&P500 is going to trade sideways into next week or we will be seeing a significant correction. As up to this point the only "significant" correction we saw was from August 10 to 11 when markets the S&P500 corrected only around 1.5% + . (essentially I have been wrong on any "major" corrections - as the prices continues to extend; though on a decelerated path)

Amazingly the 1010 resistance I thought I had barely missed last on August 5th actually became real resistance on August 7. Prices failed at 1010 exactly and corrected to 997 by August 6th. And I also correctly predicted that prices would end up higher on that Friday.

Though my call on 1010 resistance true, it was short lived, but it worked out since I had exited my forex positions two days earlier in anticipation of price swings. In addition I was able to correctly identify the short term trend (within a 3 days) correctly on the S&P500.

The end of today will give a good hint of how markets will open up on Monday next week.


-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Disclaimer
This Blog has been developed by Analyze Capital LLC, and as an independent organization we provide “AS IS” information without warranty. The ideas and opinions expressed by the contributers of this blog are personal and do not represent the actions or policies of Analyze Capital LLC. The contents of this blog do not intend to assert recommendations or to offer advice of any kind. We are not responsible the consequences, be they gains or losses, that may result from using any of the information from this blog.